This time of year brings plenty of things we love – bonding with family and friends, sunshine (maybe even a tropical storm), bad movies and dinner parties with all the food. It also brings with it a whole range of other things, like the onslaught of bikini diet plans (already, before Christmas even arrives), planning for New Year’s resolutions, and in some cases seeing people you haven’t for a long time just doesn’t make your ‘good times’ list.
Some aspects of the silly season may leave you feeling a bit like this…
Here’s some of our tips for surviving the silly season:
1) Put aside part of the public holidays just for you, even if it’s half an hour, and pick an activity you enjoy. Do it solo.
2) Spend some time reflecting on the year that was, in whatever way feels right for you. Remember to include the things you are grateful for, the things you achieved and what you learnt.
3) Make yourself a new year’s resolution that involves being kinder to yourself in 2014, taking a more holistic view of your health, or spending some more time doing what you love.
4) Reconnect with someone that nurtures a different side of you.
5) Remember that indulging every now and again is not a bad thing!
Most of all, ENJOY IT!